I.D.E.A.L stands for Infinaut, Destroyer, Electro, Arnim Zola, and Leader. Control consists of Armor, Cosmo, Enchantress and Professor X.
I started crafting this deck since Season 2 (Thor Love and Thunder) and it has greatly improved over the course of multiple battles and pool 3 cards like Leader and Arnim Zola which I only got this Season 4.
This I.D.E.A.L. Control deck is my favorite deck so far, I was able to reach Infinite Rank within 5 days and rank 152 before the end of Season 4 (S.W.O.R.D and S.H.I.E.L.D). My win rate for this deck is 75-85% chance, most of them are from escapes, winning 2-4 cubes.
The goal of this deck is very simple:
If you control the locations, you control the game". -PsyClone
With this simple strategy in mind you can outwit and counter most of the meta decks out there.
- Since we have many high-cost cards on this deck there will be times that you will not draw any low-cost card except Sunspot; no waste of unspent energy on each skip turn.
- Synergy with Infinaut, gaining +power on skip turn before playing Infinaut on the next turn.
- Synergy with Professor X, adding more power to location locked by Professor X.
- Armor is a perfect partner for Sunspot, Destroyer, Infinaut and Devil Dinosaur, protecting them from being destroyed by Killmonger/Shang-Chi.
- Perfect counter against Carnage/DeathWave deck, Kingpin and Gambit .
- Protects your other cards from being destroyed by your Destroyer.
- Adam Warlock draws 2 cards a turn, giving you a higher chance of controlling and winning the game.
- Synergy with Devil Dinosaur, providing him more power.
- Electro is the MVP of this deck, allowing you to access high-cost cards on early turn and outwitting your opponent.
- Playing him on Turn 3 gives you early play on Evil Dinosaur, or Professor X to lock down and win one location on Turn 4.
- Playing him on Turn 4 allows you to play 6-cost card (Destroyer, Leader) on Turn 5, depending on the situation.
- Synergy with Sunspot, providing him +power on skip turn.
- Synergy with Sinister London and Kamar Taj, allowing you to play 6-cost card on Turn 4 or boost Sunspot's power.
- Cosmo is a perfect counter against On Reveal cards, disrupting your opponent's play style and extending your controlled locations.
- Synergy with big cards (Infinaut, Evil Dinosaur, Destroyer), protecting them from being destroyed by Shangi-Chi.
- Synergy with Destroyer, preventing him from destroying your other cards.
- Great counter against On Reveal meta: DeathWave, InvisibleWoman+Hela, Lockjaw, Magic+Shang-Chi, Wong, Odin, Spectrum, and others alike.
- Enchantress is a perfect counter against Ongoing cards.
- Perfect counter against greedy Ongoing meta: OmegaRed, Patriot, Cerebro, Wong, Ronan, Ironman, +Onslaught and +Mystique combo.
- Can be used to stop your Electro's Ongoing effect.
- Best played on 5th or last turn when your opponent dropped most of their big Ongoing cards, giving you a sneaky victory.
- Devil Dinosaur can give you a big power in one location on Turn 5.
- He has 15 power with 6 cards in hand on last turn, but if you drop him with Adam Warlock on winning location he can have a maximum 17 power.
- Synergy on cards with lock down abilities like Professor X, Storm or locations like Kylin, The Vault, as he can gain +power on skip turn.
- Professor X is the best control card in the game, locking down an empty location wins you one location instantly. You can do this easily with Daredevil but I prefer not to use him because he is no longer viable if not played before turn 5 and you become predictable on turn 5.
- Predicting your opponent's next move base on the given location and what kind of deck he/her has is the key for Professor X's successful lock down.
- Synergy with Sunspot and Evil Dinosaur as they can gain +power on skip turn when locked down with Professor X.
- Synergy with these locations: Death's Domain, Danger Room, Luke's Bar.
This is the turn why this deck is so unique, you become unpredictable and flexible given that you have Destroyer, Infinaut, Leader and Arnim Zola. You will see all the posibilities as you play this deck.
- Destroyer has 16 power, 2nd highest power among 6-cost cards.
- Synergy with Armor, protecting your other cards from being destroyed.
- Synergy with Cosmo, disrupting his On Reveal ability and protecting him from being destroyed by Shang-chi.
- Synergy with Electro played on Turn 4, Destroyer on Turn 5 to destroy Electro, gaining 7 Energy on Turn 6 to play Enchantress and Cosmo.
- Perfect counter against junks and rocks (Hood, Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Debrii), cleaning them all in one sweep.
- Counter against Morph and Leader, destroying enemy cards as they copied Destroyer.
- Infinaut has 20 power, highest power of all cards in the game, but you have to skip a turn before you can play him.
- Synergy with Sunspot and Devil Dinosaur as they can gain +power on skip turn.
- Synergy with Arnim Zola, adding copies of Infinauts to other locations.
- Leader is one of the trickiest card in the game. Predicting your opponent's last move is the key to secure a win with him.
- Best played on last turn.
- Play him on a winning location or other location to counter the opponent.
- Play him if your opponent's last cards have fixed power like America Chavez, Hulk, Giganto, Infinaut, etc.
- Be careful on last cards with summoning ability (e.g. Jubilee, Hela, Lockjaw),
- destroying ability (e.g. Carnage, Venom, Destroyer),
- parasitic ability (e.g. Mystique, Rogue, Taskmaster, Ronan, Evil Dino).
- Arnim Zola is the best addition for this deck, giving more power and flexibility on this deck.
- Synergy with high-power cards (e.g. Devil Dinosaur, Infinaut and Destroyer).
- Can trick your opponent by transferring your high-power card to other locations.
- Uncunny synergy with Leader, copying enemy cards twice will give you unpredictable and whimsical results.
All cards I crafted here are ideal but not required. So if you are a beginner with pool 1-2 cards or don't have pool 3 cards like Adam Warlock/Destroyer/Leader/Arnim Zola feel free to make some changes on this deck and have some experiment. You can try below suggestions:
- Adam Warlock can be replaced by Iceman, Hood/Zero/Bucky Barnes ,(synergy with Destroyer), Lizard (synergy with Professor X) or Daredevil.
- Destroyer/Leader/Arnim Zola can be replaced by high-power cards like Hulk, Magneto, America Chavez, Ironman, Hogoblin, Gamora, Spider Woman, Sandman.
- If you feel Infinaut not frequently used, you can replace him with Taskmaster, Magneto, or Magik.
Big thanks to TLSG for featuring this deck to his youtube channel!
He even used it to his live stream and claimed +32 cubes. That's huge! :-D