Is it a race? Do you WANT to be the last one there? Is a a reward or a punishment to play into Yashida Base? The correct answer is...BOTH! So, how can -you- capitalize on it? Let's dive in...
The Featured Location from August 15th, 2023 at 11pm EST to August 16th, 2023 at 11pm EST is Yashida Base. As a featured location, it will have a 50% chance to appear in any ladder match. Now you must make a choice:
- Build INTO It
- Build AROUND It
- Ignore it
How to Build INTO it
- If you're looking at a destroy-focused element here like Nova or Nimrod, then Ghost may be your best friend to help ensure your effects reveal LAST. That way, once all movements resolve, your last played card or moved-in card triggers the location effect, and you come out the victor.
- Sentry also works well with the Ghost Synergy because of its ability to make The Void disappear!
- Spider-Man works in two ways here today. If you don't have priority, you could use that to move an opponent's card into the lane and effectively make their card the 'last card' which will destroy it.
How to Build AROUND it
- Armor = No one gets destroyed. HOORAY!
- Brood = Fill it up super fast...and no one gets destroyed. HOORAY!
- Spider-Man = Change what the 'last card card that got here'...and destroy their card instead. HOORAY!
- Professor X = Shut it DOWN. Ho...you get the idea.
When all else fails, destroy it.
- Running either Scarlet Witch, Magik, Storm, Rhino or Legion will switch the location, therefore eliminating the ability entirely.