Let's get into the changes!
Overall Game Changes
A few simple things:
- Orka is fixed and in series/pool 4!
- Long loops will now "fast forward" to the end and not waste time.
- Collectors Tokens from reserves (from a complete series/pool 3 or 4) are now random on how much they give. They range from 200 to 600, but Second Dinner confirmed that the average is still the exact same, at 400 per.
- There's a new bundle to help new players that want to spend money. In USD, it costs $100 and gives 12,500 credits (this can go past the credit cap, just cannot earn more until they are spent) and a bunch of boosters (enough for 8 splits).
- "Attilan activating no longer causes games to get stuck." K, this is huge.
- Bunch of new titles.
Really, not much worth saying about this. The Collectors Token change has people getting mad...but it basically does nothing, so I do not quite understand why anyone cares at the end of the day.
Game Balance Changes
Here's the quick list:
- Aero from [5/8] to [5/7]. This is good.
- Galactus from [6/3] to [6/2]. This is dumb. Galactus' biggest problem is that he makes the first 60% of the game irrelevant. This did nothing to that.
- Leader from [6/4] to [6/3]. This is honestly bad. Leader is seeing less play this season already, before the nerf, and doesn't seem to be doing as well either. See this post for my opinions from before. It doesn't change the feels bad at all, so yea.
- Nova from [1/2] to [1/1]. Probably a good change from a general balance point of view (most cards have to pay in power to have another thing going for them - see Hawkeye, Ant-Man, Elektra, etc). That said, I don't think it's important for the meta game.
- Drax/Groot both gained 1 power base and lost 1 power from their On-Reveal. This just makes them more consistent, but I'd be shocked if this suddenly makes them cards that I want to play when I otherwise wouldn't. Drax fits a little better into a Zabu deck now.
- Hazmat from [2/1] to [2/2]. Yay, I like Hazmat. Her problem is that she's only good if you draw Luke Cage also though...
- Black Cat from [3/6] to [3/7]. Still not good?
- Nakia from [3/1] to [3/2]. I don't think this makes her good suddenly, but at least they are trying?
New cards, bundles, datamine, etc
3 "new" cards:
- Jeff the Baby Land Shark - I'm actually semi-interested in this card. Counter to Professor X, Spider-Man, plenty of locations, and who knows what else. Is he good? No clue, but quite interesting to me, as he lets you "cheat" on core game mechanics.
- Nimrod - This could have some potential...perhaps it's better than Jeff, but it's not the type of card I personally like. There is some conflict in destroying a 5-cost card, as most destroy decks want to do their destruction earlier? Could be good in a Destroyer deck, however.
- Kitty Pryde - It looks like this an option to move, like Nightcrawler. It's actually not clear to me if we can return her and play her again same turn, which works a little like a Sunspot?
2 new bundles:
- Dino Sized Bundle (Jan 17 - Jan 24) for 4000 gold. Gives 5000 credits, 310 Devil Dino boosters, "Please Do Not Step On Me" title, and a Devil Dino Variant and Avatar.
- Festival Fireworks Bundle (Jan 22 - Feb 5) for $5 USD (Sorry, don't know price in other currencies). Gives 500 credits, 500 gold, 66 Jubilee boosters, and a Jubilee Variant and Avatar.