Marvel Snap Launches Full PC Version
For all the news regarding Twitch Drops, check out the article right here!
Marvel SNAP is moving forward with the next big step in the gaming space. Full PC User Interface (aka UI). For nearly a year, Marvel Snap has been in 'beta' on its PC Client.
Now, Second Dinner is pushing the envelope with a new layout, bigger battle game boards, and a more dynamic experience for the players.
Battle Game Board
Immediately noticeable changes to the Battle Board
- Mana has moved from the bottom middle to the mid-left of the board
- Cubes have moved from the top-middle to the mid-right of the board
- "Retreat" and "Turn" buttons have been given a second-tier button effect
- The background skyline and meteor have been expanded with more dynamic layers
Deck Building Screen
Immediately noticeable changes to the Deck Building Screen
- Deck Name, Copy/Share, Paste and Delete have all moved to the top left
- Deck Preview changed from a 2x6 to a 3x4 layout and was repositioned to the left of the screen
- All Collection Filters have been removed from their pop-out bottom corners and replaced with a singular bar at the top of the screen
Other Base Layout Changes
- Gold and Credit accounting are stationary in the top-down minibar in the top-right corner of the window
- The Main Menu Bar has been moved from the bottom row of the screen to a top-down bar
- News was removed from the Menu Bar and locked in the top-left corner with the Settings top-down bar
Selected Card View
Immediately noticeable changes to the Selected Card View
- Artist Credits and Rarity information added to the main layout on the left
- Variant list added to primary card display on the right
- Boosters and Credit accounting are stationary in the top-down minibar in the top-right corner of the window
TIN FOIL HAT OBSERVATIONS
- All the listed Deadpool splits on the card selection screen AND the splits in the Deck Selection screen above are of a currently impossible split combination (base art background + Red Krackle effect). This could either be:
- Proof of an incoming update where players will be able to CHOOSE their unlocked borders and backgrounds.
- An unrealistic artistic representation of the Selected Card Screen.
This screen shows a LOT of cards. But, did you catch all the new and erroneous information? Some of it is out of date. However, some of it has been unreleased at these stats until this moment. Take a look.
Out of Date/Incorrect Cards Shown
- Abomination - 4/4
- Captain Marvel - 5/6
- Crystal - 4/4
- Dazzler - 4/4
- Drax - 4/5
- Enchantress - 4/6
- Galactus - 6/2
- Ghost-Spider - 4/3
- Invisible Woman - 2/2
- Jean Grey - 5/8
- Legion - 5/3
- Lady Deathstrike - 2/2
- The Hood 1/-2
- Vision - 5/7
Unreleased Cards Shown
- Bullseye - 2/1
- Black Knight - 3/7
- Blob - 1/3
- Gorr - 2/2
- J. Jonah Jameson - 4/4 (also missing official name logo)
As you can see, even the game data doesn't have all of this information currently in these states (according to the team at Snap.Fan). So, these cost and power statistics are subject to change. However, they are still worth noting.
New Variants Mentioned in Other Launch Content
New Cards Mentioned in Other Launch Content
The only location worth noting here that doesn't exist currently in the game is Crystal Towers. However, based on the 'location art' in the video, I'd say that one is even further out of reach than the potential unreleased cards...