Prize pool for our opens has gone up! There is no registration fee, and anyone can play, no country limitations (of course, you have to be able to make the times as listed).
- The Snap.fan May Open is schedule for Saturday, May 13.
- Start time is 12pm (noon) EST. 9am PST. 4pm GMT. (same as last time!)
- 8 rounds of Swiss into a top-8 cut. Top-8 will be best-of-1 until the finals.
- Total prize pool is $500 USD + $100 gift cards for a combined $600 total.
- 3 months Snap.fan premium to top-8 as well.
- Decklists will be fixed when the tournament begins and open on the site.
Prize Breakdown is as follows:
- First place - $200 USD + $25 Gift Card.
- Second place - $100 USD + $25 Gift Card.
- 3rd/4th place - $50 USD + $25 Gift Card.
- 5th-8th place - $25 USD.
And again, Snap.fan premium for all in the top-8.
On top of that, the top-4 will all receive an invite to the Snap.fan World Championship (we are renaming it from "invitational"), tentatively scheduled for next January.
Planned schedule (all times are in EST):
- Round 1 - 12-12:40
- Round 2 - 12:40 - 1:20
- Round 3 - 1:20 - 2:00
- Round 4 - 2:00 - 2:40
- 10 Minute Break - 2:40 - 2:50
- Round 5 - 2:50 - 3:30
- Round 6 - 3:30 - 4:10
- Round 7 - 4:10 - 4:50
- Round 8 - 4:50 - 5:30
- 30 Minute Break / Cut to top 8
- Quarter Finals - 6 - 7
- Semi Finals - 7 - 8
- Finals (BO3) - 8 - 9
Intentional Draws are allowed.
We will have a live stream at https://www.twitch.tv/snapdotfan.
Additionally, we will have a Factor75 signup link (food/meal delivery service). All proceeds from this will go to our casters and other people directly involved with tournament administration, so get some food while supporting them if you're willing!
And of course, everyone wants the signup link: