YES I DID IT GUYS, I made it to Infinite from 70 to 100 with just Dino
Sadly I haven't been able to upload my complete stats to snap.fan (and someone ruined my CR), but I have climbed from 70 to 95 with this version, with A LOT of ease, this deck just wins cubes and win games. I swapped Magneto with Chavez on the last push (from 95-100) because I saw less Zabu and SilverSurfer
The core idea of this deck is Snap always after turn 3 (once you have seen every location) if you have a good hand: Aero + Dino most of the times, but in some cases the locations can work in your favor. This worked for me a lot of the times, Shang-Chi is just an 8 cuber if you get the right locations, and White Queen Vs a Destroy deck is just GG cause you get the free death and they cant Leader you cause you play a Dino deck.
Another thing I want to mention is don't be scared to moongirl for double Aero, is it toxic? Yes. Does it wins cubes? Yes. So keep it in mind when you play it. Another quick tip is this deck is not the Pool 1 moongirl into Dino on 5 and then Dino on 6, so when you have a good enough hand (with 4 cards at least) sometimes is better to White Queen to get Info and don't take out 1 draw from your deck. This is important don't always moongirl cause that extra draw could have been game winning. In the other hand the best curve is 1 drop into Scorpion or Lizard, into Mister Fantastic then you Moongirl to get exactly 6 cards + the extra card you DRAW (so 7), then you Dino + Aero and you get your cubes cause you snapped on 4.
Swappable cards: Magneto and Shang-Chi (Lizard is debatable)
Options (For Lizard Read Below, cause a lot of you don't like my boy)
- The Biggest consideration is America Chavez over Magneto, just for the fact that she can give you A + B more consistent, in this case Aero + Devil Dino (I'm not sure of this cause Aero is a good turn 6 draw) or Moon Girl + Devil Dino. The downside of her is that she would be just a thinning card and you would 99% of the games never play her. Chavez is hard to evaluate, if you do play her and you start facing a lot of Silver Surfer or Wong decks run Cosmo instead of Lizard.
- Cosmo helps you protect your Dino massively, he can also counter opponent plays, and stop the Magneto ability . Instead of Shang-Chi (or Lizard read below) you would play this card, the problem I have with it is that understated and sometimes is a dead card, in the other hand Shang is a lot of times a 4-8 cuber and Lizard is just most games a 2 energy 5 power play.
- I have been thinking lately that this deck besides Dino, it doesn't have another true 5 drop. So I could se a Version with Iron Man over Magneto to play GOOD turn 5 card into Aero on 6. I will try this theory on Infinite with this shell and a Destroy Dino deck, because destroy in theory should better with Iron Man.
- Dr Doom is becoming the best 6 drop every time a new location enters the game. The more hard to reach locations appear on the game the better he becomes (and Vision). He could also make you change the deck a bit cause Nightcrawler and Mister Fantastic lose a little bit of Value.
- Juggernaut could be a good option as a sleeper card in Dino, it could sometimes mean second Aero or cheaper Aero. I haven tried him, but I will when I UNLOCK HIM.
- Thanks to Reddit I will consider Kingpin in this shell, probably over Lizard (not sure about this). First of all I don't own the card yet so everything I will write is based on theory not experience. This cards works as a double edged sword, he can help you follow the gameplan of bait opponent into playing into 2 locations to then Aero the third one or maybe as a threat if they couldn't fill the Kingpin lane before turn 6. Sounds as a really good option that helps the gameplan and opens another win-con.
Lizard is the one card it felt good and bad. The reality is that I faced a lot of brood in my climb, there is a lot of Patriot, Silver Surfer, Cerebro, etc. The thing is Angela is just bad, I didn't like her in this deck, and Lizard helps you do 1 thing, play the psychological game, he allowed me to get more Aero Value. Players would snap more cause they fill my Lizard lane leaving 1 lane open and that allowed me most of the times to get 4 or 8 cubes wins. Although some games Lizard would be a 2/2 play that could have been a Cosmo Vs Surfer for example, in other games getting a 2/5 for just 2 energy is crazy. One tip I would leave is: If you don't have Scorpion in hand Lizard on the unknown location if the other locations aren't negative.
Cards I didn't consider:
- Collector: If this were an Agent Version with Coulson + Maria Hill + Quinjet, this would be a no brainer card, but this deck works different.
- Agents: I don't have any Agent besides Agent 13, and she is just worse than any of the other 1 drops in most scenarios.
- Armor: Cosmo is just better, there is less Killmonger in my CL and rank, and the fact they can kill them is not a big deal most games.
- Angela: I tried her, but she is trash in this deck. Lizard is better.
- Cable or Mantis: Didn't try them, this deck also had enough card draw to fulfil the gameplan, I would consider mantis over cable I believe if I wanted to try 1 of them.
- Sunspot: When I get She-Hulk I will try him out in a similar shell, but he could be good.
- Killmonger: He is underrated in this meta, but is hard to say bye to my 1 drops when I have been playing with them all this week. Although, I will be making a Death Dino deck soon enough and will try to climb with it to high infinite with it.
- Vision: He is probably one of the best 5 drops in the game, but I believe you have enough reach already and you could get more value from other strong 5 or 6 energy cards
- Zabu: I didn't buy the battle pass, and he would change the style of the deck I believe. I think the versions with him were also doing good.
Leave Questions in the comments about matchups, different approaches to build this archetype, etc.