Deck Building Notes
- The deck contains no 1 drops to ensure no interference with Silver Samurai or Colleen Wing discarding Wolverine or Muramasa Blade. The only feasible one drops that should be played in this are Nebula or Sunspot but their interference with other cards makes them not worth it.
- The exclusion of Swarm allows for cleaner end game play patterns. With Swarm in the deck, there arise multiple situations where you're forced to have multiple copies of Swarm in your hand at the end of the game that can interfere with either Daken, Dracula, or Silver Samurai. Removing Swarm from the deck allows for clearer play patterns on both turn five and six. Losing a possible turn two payoff is the only sacrifice made with this choice. In addition, the inclusion of Daken and Stature easily make up for the free power you would have had with Swarm in the deck prior. Another upside is there isn't a concern of having too many Swarm in hand to cause you not to draw when your hand size is at its max.
- The inclusion of America Chavez increases percentage points of all cards drawn prior to turn six. Since you want two specific cards in your hand by turn six (M.O.D.O.K. and Stature), the inclusion of America Chavez is necessary to maximize the percentage chance of that happening. This also creates scenarios where when M.O.D.O.K. is unavailable on turn six (ex. Yondu, Spider-Ham, Lamentis-1), you can have a high power card for Dracula or to play normally.
- Morbius is always played on turn two over Colleen Wing.
- Wolverine should never be played, except on turn five when you have no way to discard him, you don't have Silver Samurai, Black Bolt, or M.O.D.O.K. in hand, and America Chavez is still in your deck to prevent M.O.D.O.K. from being drawn on turn six (you're likely losing this game).
- If Silver Samurai and Dracula are both in hand, 99.9% of the time the correct play is to play Dracula. Any tension involving Silver Samurai discarding Dracula is non-existent as that should never be a preferred play pattern. Silver Samurai is a functional turn 5 play in this list.
- Turn six is always aiming to be Stature + M.O.D.O.K. after having either Silver Samurai or Black Bolt played on prior turns.
- Games that have Limbo can still function with the game plan of playing M.O.D.O.K. on the last turn. Take time to consider your turns after finding out a game will include Limbo and know you will be drawing America Chavez on turn 6.
- If Dracula is expected to win his lane at the end of a game due to your opponent knowing about a high-power Apocalypse, it may be best to play Apocalypse instead and utilize America Chavez or M.O.D.O.K. for Dracula, especially if Stature was not drawn before turn six. Most players will abandon Dracula lanes if they know the Apocalypse is too large.