The Game Plan
From the glory days of Destroyer decks of old comes this list with a new spin on the archetype. We have half of our cards with downsides being mitigated by the other half of our deck, and it balances out to make some incredibly effective tempo and control plays that can sweep up cubes like no one's business.
- Nightcrawler is an incredibly versatile 1 drop that pairs well with Professor X in the place of Jeff!, since I don't own the card. Being able to add 2 power when we need it is super useful, and there are a ton of locations that Nightcrawler is excellent on.
- Zero is perfect for mitigating Attuma, Sentry, and Destroyer's downside while boasting his own impressive 1/3 statline.
- Zabu discounts our 4 costs, ensuring we get two of them on the board before our turn 5 Professor X.
- Armor protects our cards from Destroyer, allows us to safely play Attuma and Deathlok, and is a great tech against the Destroy archetype.
- Lizard is a great 2/5 statline that can help us win a Professor X lane and get us tempo. He's also a great combo when paired with Zero.
- Cosmo helps to mitigate many of the same cards as Zero, with the added benefit of protection on our bigger cards like Sentry or Destroyer.
- Deathlok is admittedly a niche inclusion, but a 3/5 statline is decent, and he has the ability to rid us of The Void should we need it.
- Super-Skrull is a tech-in if we're facing an Ongoing archetype, pure and simple!
- Attuma is a respectable 4/10 statline that leads perfectly into a turn 5 Professor X while also benefitting from many of the same cards as Sentry.
- Sentry is equally important to this list as Attuma, albeit with different caveats. Sentry can be played in a location with other cards, which is a benefit over Attuma. The only real downside that can't be helped is not being able to play right.
- Professor X rewards this list for its good tempo plays and steals more lanes than any other card in this list. Having a Nightcrawler on the board essentially makes Professor X a 5/5 should we need it, which is very helpful.
- Destroyer is the ultimate payoff in this deck and almost never has to destroy anything at all. Between Armor, Cosmo, Professor X, and Zero, you almost always have a reliable 15 power on turn 6!
This list can counter quite a few archetypes while getting all the benefits, which is my favorite kind of list! I'm happy with its performance right now and I'm excited to play more of it in the future.